quinta-feira, 26 de janeiro de 2006

I liked it

Ainda a entrevista [sobre Science Story - Patricia Piccinini, 2001]:

Julie Copeland: In your earlier work …that people might be familiar with - those large photographs of beautiful glamourous models clutching with very maternalistic affection some unidentifiable creatures who look like they could move. Whereas I look at these and I can’t imagine them moving. I wonder how they would move?

Patricia Piccinini: They’d slither. That work was part of my lump series and that was looking at the idea of the designer baby. That really isn’t a new idea, that’s actually something that’s part of our culture. And that work was about – “if you could design your own child what would it look like?”

Julie Copeland: I don’t think it’d look like one of your disturbing lumps?

Patricia Piccinini: Well that was my ideal child, it was! I liked it.